Here is my update

Hooray I still have a hangover headache from two days ago!

Anyway Friday I met The Architect's parents, who are fabulous. Dadchitect is enormous, which was intimidating until I realized we were going to dinner and not Wrestlemania, and Archimom reminded me of my Aunt Kathy's sister, and therefore somewhat of my Aunt Kathy, both of whom I like.

Oh, and I was asleep by 11 that night because as I've mentioned before The Architect and I are geriatrics and so we were up way early and he went out running while I stayed in like a housewife darning socks reading my book. Hey The Architect, I have an idea for our next date. Let's eat dinner at 4:30 and then go home and watch The Blue Lagoon but fall asleep halfway through. I'm serious.

The rest of the weekend I played video games and watched movies like The Dark Crystal and Speed Racer because on top of being a geriatric, I am also a 10-year-old.

Speed Racer was pretty much a 2-hour sugar rush and shitty but in a good way where you just have to say "This is a racing movie" and you get over the fact that it's kinda bad. Susan Sarandon is in it, and you could see it in her eyes: "OMG I hate reciting these cliche lines but at least this isn't The Hunger, God that movie sucked." She was thinking of The Hunger the whole time.

The visual style of SR was also pretty awesome because I like bright colors and shiny things. I also enjoyed this visual style:

Scott Porter

Too bad his character eats it in the opening sequence SPOILER ALERT!

5 comments:

  1. oh yes, definitely need to do a imdb check on this guy to see what other movie he's in~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...I get my own label!

    and about dinner at 4:30 and an abortive attempt at watching Blue Lagoon, you're on...but first let me mix a refreshing glass of Ovaltine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops...I guess I had a label already. Advanced Genius Level Architect to the rescue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you need tips on housewifery...give me a call. I'm so down with it, it's almost painful. I'm also very good at being in bed by 9 pm. But that's because like a good geriatric, I'm up at 5 a.m., baking things and generally being well dressed and productive.

    your life is enviable.

    xo,
    the even more boring librarian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hal -- I know, my netflix queue is full of crappy movies I got by looking up attractive people and adding everything they've done.

    The Architect -- OMG Ovaltine! I've always wanted to try that ever since I was a kid.

    The Architect again -- I gave you two different tags? That is bad form. I am no librarian.

    WDL -- HAHA!

    ReplyDelete