Vampire Hunter Dieter

Battledroidliveactioninsider

I got a new barcode scanner today, it's super neat. My boss told me to plug it in where the other one was plugged in, but when I opened it I was all "Yeah, as if, I can't plug a USB cable into a 9-pin port" but I was total tech-savvy young person and installed mine and the one for the other music cataloger with no problem.

Part of the stand to the thing looked like a cross between the head of one of those Star Wars droids (right) and a Lego antelope skull (not pictured) so I bent it funny, made mondo paper clip antlers, gave it eyeballs, and named it Dieter after the sound it makes when you turn the scanner on. Everyone in the office loved Dieter, but I had to dismantle him to assemble my fancy new scanner stand. I still don't use the scanner because I like to type on the keypad, but don't tell anyone. It's probably my favorite part of my job.

vhd

Also, I watched Vampire Hunter D. I did it to add some spice to my Vampire Moviefest, but it turns out I hate anime. While it was fun to learn the Japanese word for vampire (banpaia), this movie sucked. Everyone was one-dimensional and the fight scenes were so dumb. I didn't realize Pokemon was just doing genre shit because it turns out all anime battles are just like Pokemon. These guys would leap high into the air, which turns into psycho color time. Then they say something lame ("Let's see if you can handle this!") and then they vogue and glide towards each other and one of them ends up hurt, but you don't know who until they say "Ah! You hurt me!"

Then they tried to be all emo and shit, and you know how I feel about that. Luckily, everyone died in the end except the good guys, surprise, and Vampire Hunter D rode into the sunset or something, I don't really know I turned it off before the credits came on, that's how much I couldn't stand it.

So I hate anime except Hayao Miyazake, and I know that's such an ignorant American thing to say but if you had to sit through this shitty movie, you'd understand.

In my next blog entry I'm going to talk about the book I just finished and probably pay tribute to fogey Internet trolls stay tuned.

6 comments:

  1. There's really good anime out there, but Vampire Hunter D and Pokemon is not good anime! I agree with you...Vampire Hunter D was crap. I love Miyazake...You should try some of CLAMP's animes. They're incredible. My all time favorite is X. There's an X movie and an X series. Both are great. There's also a series called Fushigi Yugi that's pretty good, and Neon Genesis Evangelion is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no. don't watch x. i know you and you would hate it. mostly because it really sucks. fushigi yuugi is good (i like it, but i know you'd hate it because araki kae is the WORST voice actress ever...her voice is like dingleberries on a chalkboard). evangelion, you'd get bored with, but it really is the best thing ever made, so if you can make it through something with about as much action overall as pi (yes, it has its moments...especially the first few episodes before it turns into psychoanalysis babble), then it's for you. and, if i cite experience, you won't make it through.

    watch mousou dairinin (aka. paranoia agent) you would love it...and it's not long, so it would keep your attention. at least make it to episode 6 with the suicide club....best episode of anything ever made. it makes suicide look like buckets of fun! maybe i'll watch that this weekend...it's been about a year since i've seen it, i think. if you need a copy, just let me know and i'll sendy.

    love,
    chris

    ps don't forget to send address (chris.pullman@gmail.com) so i can send the other wind. i lost your address already. aren't i a good friend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have sat through that movie, and I do understand. There is a lot of crappy anime out there... just like there are a lot of crappy live-action shows and movies.

    I enjoyed Evangelion up to the point where the story was crushed to death beneath all the symbolism. Then I felt like screaming, too.

    I thought Samurai Champloo was kind of interesting and different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is too much advice! I will watch Samurai Shampoo only.

    Not really. Thanks you're all cool. Welcome to my blog, Erik.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rofl I never got around to watching X. But I loved Evangelion too for the longest time. But Samurai Champloo is just pure fun. I love it.

    One mustn't forget Fullmetal Alchemist. I know it became a huge phenomenon when it was licensed in the United States, but I watched it before it was popular *thinks she's cool or something* and it's really neat. I don't know, I loved it. It's not every day that you see Hitler in anime form (at least in the movie you do. It's awkward at best)

    Overall, graphic novels > anime.

    Btw, this is your friend Chelle from goodreads. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, Chris. Paranoia Agent is wonderful! I had forgotten about it.

    ReplyDelete