Sorry about that last, I just get upset that people can be so insincere.
Anyway, not to be all bi-polar or anything, but today I'm over it and am in a way better mood for a million reasons.
I paid off my credit card last night. And this morning when I woke up, my apartment was way cleaner than it was when I went to bed. I don't know how this happened, but I swear it's true.
Oh, and I read the sixth Series of Unfortunate Events book yesterday (because I was crabby) and now I'm really into them like to the point where I yell "Holy shit!" and freak out my cat every time the mystery deepens and I get so upset when bad things happen to the orphans that I have to sometimes put the book down and cool off for a few minutes. They get really good after Book 5, you should all read them immediately if you like formulaic things, which I do, that's why I'm a cataloger. So I read that book and then the first half of the seventh one and then I had a dream with Violet Baudelaire in it, so I woke up in a good mood today.
In honor of that and because I paid off my credit card, this morning I ordered myself a Fruity Oaty Bars t-shirt. If you don't know what that means, we have some serious television time to get through.

Then when I left for work it was pouring rain, and my umbrella is broken, so I decided to just own it and I got all wet and it was great.

Oooooh, and then today Issue #2 of the Buffy Season 8 comic came out. The cover's fab and I can't wait to go home or to go on break, really, because that's when I'll read it. And at the comic book store (yes, I go to those, I have a frequent buyers account even) I saw Alice in Sunderland sitting there all pretty and heavy and expensive and I got really excited because I was looking at it on the Dark Horse website (yes, I look at comic book websites even though I don't read them except Buffy) so I impulse bought it because I'm a working professional career man and can do that sometimes.
Anyway, while we're on the topic of comics and me being a loser, does anyone else think that Lost Girls costing $75 is complete crap? I mean hello, here's a book I want more than most other things ever written and I have to become a hobo to buy it? Please, whatever, I am so above consumerism.
I'm waiting for the collected volume-y type thing of Buffy, but have heard so much good stuff that I am a little tempted.
ReplyDeleteI don't blame you. This once a month thing is seriously crazy-making. But people on all my websites are talking about it so much that I think I'd go even crazier having to ignore it all.
ReplyDelete$75 is a bit much for Lost Girls, despite the fact that it is getting rave reviews. I think I'd have to borrow a friends copy to read first to make sure it is something I would want to own that badly.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on paying off the credit cards...that day is a long time coming for me! ;)
Thanks, but I went on a shopping spree this weekend, so the card is no longer paid off. It wasn't a huge one... but enough.
ReplyDeleteAnd sadly, I don't really have friends who read the same stuff as I do. Well, one, but I'm the more active so I am mostly the one playing lending library.
Yeah, although I'm very curious about Lost Girl, it is definitely beyond what I can afford to pay for a book.
ReplyDelete