Guilty Pleasures

Raise your hand if you like sexy, blonde, masculine 18-year-old Australian boys in tight pants.

Keep them raised.

Ok, now keep your hand up if you like obscure, badly-written television shows that barely lasted half a season for good reason.

For those of you with your hands still in the air, I am about to make you very happy because I am going to tell you about my new favorite DVD. It's this show called Roar, right, and I love it in the same way I used to love The Adventures of Sinbad, Young Hercules, and Beastmaster.

Roar
Roar

Heath Ledger plays this Celtic prince trying to unite the disparate tribes of 3rd-century Ireland against the encroaching Roman military. The show is kinda bad. It doesn't matter what it's about. Keri Russell's in a couple episodes because it's B.F. (Before Felicity... and she even has all that hair.)

Mostly, the show is my new favorite because I like the grass, Heath Ledger is so hot especially with a fake sometimes horrible Irish accent, and sometimes the music's pretty cool. Oh, and he wears these shammies the whole time. They're sorta too small because he hasn't killed enough animals, I guess, so it makes his butt look real nice.

Beastmaster
Beastmaster

There's just something appealing about these programs, but I don't know what it is. The plots are simple, the characters are a little transparent, the villains and sidekicks are really over-the-top. The special effects are very often special... in the new "retarded" sense of the word.

So why did I spend hours of alone time staring at these on TV. Yes, I was always alone... I never shared it with anyone.

Sinbad
Sinbad

I'd watch Sinbad real late at night on UPN or something when I was in junior high and high school. I was totally obsessed with it, though nothing memorable sticks out anymore. I don't even know what it was about, but I remember one episode where he was in this harem with all these gorgeous women trying to seduce him. That sticks out.

Beastmaster aws on during the day sometimes, and I never caught the schedule, but whenever I found it on I was hooked. I know less about this show, but it was enthralling. My sister liked the animals. Again, I have no idea what this show was about, but I know it wasn't good.

Young Hercules
Young Hercules

Young Hercules I didn't discover until grad school (last year) and I could only watch it with a friend (never alone), but I still associate it with the others anyway.

Right, so despite being really bad and useless, there's something so awesome about these programs that would bring me to a very special place. I'm just not sure what I liked about them.

It's the weirdest thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment