So I've been breaking out for about a week now because that happens to me sometimes, and I've been seriously asked on two separate occasions if I'm having a herpes outbreak. I'd like to clear the air.
What the hell, that's so rude. :( How do you respond to these questions? I would probably end up kicking said inquirers in the shins, or groin, or something. Morons.
If you are part of the 20% of the population that doesn't have the non-fucking kind of herpes (the congenital oral kind, i.e., cold sores), I envy you! Seriously, though, that's an incredibly rude thing to ask. Were the people in question incredibly drunk or something? That's still not an excuse, but it at least fits in with Earth logic.
Definitely feeling your pain about the breakout. I'm having one right now myself. Honestly, it's like boils in miniature.
Oh, I have the congenital (asexual) oral kind for sure. I'll never forget when I got mono in high school and my immune system was so focused on it that I got all these mouth sores (inside) and the doctor said the word "herpes" in front of my mother. I thought I would die.
I hate when people try to force their weird homeopathic voodoo remedies on me, but this one works: Drink Pau D'arco (aka purple lapacho) tea everyday, for 30 days. It works best when mixed with Yerba Mate. It's good for acne and herpes. It cured me of coldsores.
Thanks, maybe I'll try your little hippie remedy. I don't break out very often, although I'm just getting over another one. A month apart... this is getting serious.
Anyway, that's a cool name. Pau D'arco. I'll go to Whole Foods.
What the hell, that's so rude. :( How do you respond to these questions? I would probably end up kicking said inquirers in the shins, or groin, or something. Morons.
ReplyDeleteAsexual herpes then is it?
ReplyDeleteSorry, couldn't resist. my bad. And really I have to agree with havoc, that is rude. Talk about over-stepping boundaries.
If you are part of the 20% of the population that doesn't have the non-fucking kind of herpes (the congenital oral kind, i.e., cold sores), I envy you! Seriously, though, that's an incredibly rude thing to ask. Were the people in question incredibly drunk or something? That's still not an excuse, but it at least fits in with Earth logic.
ReplyDeleteDefinitely feeling your pain about the breakout. I'm having one right now myself. Honestly, it's like boils in miniature.
Oh, I have the congenital (asexual) oral kind for sure. I'll never forget when I got mono in high school and my immune system was so focused on it that I got all these mouth sores (inside) and the doctor said the word "herpes" in front of my mother. I thought I would die.
ReplyDeleteOne of them was drunk, yeah.
I hate when people try to force their weird homeopathic voodoo remedies on me, but this one works:
ReplyDeleteDrink Pau D'arco (aka purple lapacho) tea everyday, for 30 days. It works best when mixed with Yerba Mate. It's good for acne and herpes. It cured me of coldsores.
Thanks, maybe I'll try your little hippie remedy. I don't break out very often, although I'm just getting over another one. A month apart... this is getting serious.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, that's a cool name. Pau D'arco. I'll go to Whole Foods.
It's the coolest tea name ever! It was named after Donnie Darko's grampa, I think.
ReplyDelete