I bought it because my previous digital camera was this old bohemoth of a machine that was totally slow, so I never used it... not ever. I started snapping pictures with this new one to see if it worked, and it does. Wonder of wonders. I'm not posting any of them, however, because nobody needs to see my trashy apartment or the horrible circles I have under my eyes this week even though I'm eating well and sleeping plenty.
Speaking of ugly, did anyone see Oprah today? I didn't. But my friend says it was fascinating. It was about people with Body Dysmorphic Disorder. They're obsessed with their looks and think they're hideously deformed even though they look like everyone else.
It goes beyond vanity, and it's depressing to think about. They won't leave the house. One girl gets her mail at night so she doesn't scare the mailman or her neighbors. And she's pretty!
In my own way, I can sort of relate. I used to have horrible skin, to the point where I wouldn't leave my room to go to class or eat. Luckily, popping a bunch of Accutane fixed me up just fine (except that my eyes are so fucking dry I look like a demon half the time). With BDD, it's not to easy. The notion of being unable to face the world because of some irrational feeling of ugliness is not altogether foreign to me, but it's really hard to wrap your mind around sometimes.
My neurotic mom watched it. I'm going to tell her I skipped a party because I got a zit and watch her freak out.
No comments:
Post a Comment