I'm like the dog if you imagine the dog has only three legs and an arrow through its liver

Everything is such crap. The world is such crap.

Among things that are crap are half-million-dollar salary hikes for the president of an organization that can't seem to give it's professionals a 2% raise without a fight, dropping half of your delicious frosted snowman cookie on the dirty ground, and breaking out the one day you really wanted to look good for somebody.

saddog

Today sucks, and I really want to blame it on someone, but there is nobody to blame it on because it was I who did not shower until mid-afternoon on Sunday causing my breakout, and it was I who dropped my delicious frosted snowman cookie on the dirty ground, and I can't really blame the guy who gave himself a huge raise because hell, if I had the resources to give myself an extra half-million dollars a year, I'd do it. I love money!

But I made up a bright side! Wanna hear it? Ok, so I don't mind being poor because I love my job and the satisfaction that I am contributing to the educations of millions. Yeah, that's a good one. And I didn't need a cookie because I haven't been to the gym in 5 months and have started to let myself go. That's great too! And lastly, now the acne on my face matches the exzema on my hands! A trifecta of optimistic delusion!

I should be a grief counselor, I'm so awesome at the Bright Side. It's too bad nobody believes in that crap.

Everything is such crap.

2 comments:

  1. Since when was $221,000 half a million dollars?

    See "the total compensation for Paul LeClerc, the library’s president and chief executive, had increased to more than $800,000, a jump of more than $221,000 from just a year earlier."

    Maybe you meant "almost a quarter of a million dollars."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I actually noticed that this morning and was just about to change it. But now I can't because your comment has exposed me, and I must live with the shame of my cursory reading of the article.

    ..... it's still a lot.

    ReplyDelete