Get Over It

Eat your heart out, guys, I got another Connexion message from Melvin! He is 49 and enjoys reading "LOTR and religious books."

Connexion is this gay facebook-type site that I found in grad school because it shares a name with the cooperative cataloging client that I use 8 hours a day every day. When I tried to go to the client's website for the first time, it was this gay networking site, and I was like OMG WEIRD! Nobody uses it, but I have a librarian pen pal in NH who I correspond with through there, so I sign on now and then. I wonder if he found the site the same way.

Anyway that's all I have to say about Melvin except that this is like the third message I've gotten from him that says "write back if interested" and nothing else. I don't feel bad ignoring them because I'm just following instructions.

Speaking of shitty teen romantic comedies, I watched Get Over It last night because I am stupid. It's like 10 Things I Hate About You without the cleverness or charm or Heath Ledger but with Kirsten Dunst and her teeth like a mouth full of broken glass.

The plot is this cute guy loves this hot redhead until she dumps him for a boy band singer and he joins the school play to get her back but falls in love with Kirsten Dunst instead for some reason. I'm kinda surprised I made it through, but I did. Here's how I felt after:

Kirsten Dunst Migrane

Don't see it. I know you're all disappointed. In case you decide to disobey me and see it anyway, just remember that Sisqo is in it and you'll change your mind.

Anyway since this entry is filled with unpleasant topics like Melvin and Kirsten Dunst, I'll cheer you up by letting you look at that picture of Scott Porter again.

Scott Porter

No comments:

Post a Comment