I woke up this morning with a total brains-craving (i.e. zombie-like) and layed in bed for two hours and so ended up SUPER late to work and in a bad mood, but it was cured and you get to find out how!
Steps for an Instant Good Day
- A creepy but not wholly unattractive upper-middle-aged man ogles you on the subway and whispers "Hoooooot" as you pass by in your new sunglasses. That's "hot", not "hoot". If he whispered "hoot", it would have been approx. 10% more uplifting. (n.b. I did notice that this man had a zit, though, so he may have just been feeling Pizzaface Kindred Spiritness. I told you about my zit, right?)
- When you get to work, the new guy brings in Chinese pork buns, which are exactly the kind of fatty, salted thing you'd been craving for days.
- Lastly, you play a fun word game in your head all by yourself until you decide to ask your Facebook friends for help even though barely anyone does. I played "Ends with -cello with a CH Sound." The results: violoncello, lemoncello, Monticello, and Annette Funicello.
And I've been in a fabulous mood ever since!
Another thing that helped is finding out a bluemoon chat buddy of mine has embarked on a delightful little romance, the story of which is one of those that restores ones faith in love.
Oh but also I'm SUPER PISSED because Tropical Storm Hannah Montana is going to cause it to rain all day tomorrow on my birthday plans, so NOBODY'S ALLOWED TO STAY HOME or I should be very cross with you.
Ok I'm going to lunch.
I hope that storm doesn't ruin the seven things I love about your birthday...
ReplyDeletebummed I'm not there, but I hope you are having a fabulous time!
(p.s. You should ask your mom if she still has the info of the broker you guys used. At this point, I think I might need it...)
mwah!
Did you just write that?
ReplyDeleteYou are too sweet.
I won't even ask you to share the pork buns now.
so softly i caressed the dying
ReplyDeletecorpse of my country,
it choked upon the bones of
a broken dream.
with enemies from all corners
of the earth around us,
they with super human earnest,
with unquenchable desires
threaten to sway us from our
predestined path,
but righteousness shall prevail,
and truth and freedom shall
one day spread to all corners
of the earth and
once and for all free all
those souls in bondage,
except...
...somehow...
...i know...
...that this is but a dream...
...an illusion...
...and shall never be...