Here.
It's a picture of me.
I went to a new cafe this week while wandering SoHo trying really hard not to be 3 hours early for Samfriend's brunch on Saturday. City Girl Cafe. Good coffee. That picture at the top is so obviously the city girl.
Oh and I got to watch a blind date happen and fail. So there was this guy sitting alone, right, and this girl walked in who clearly worked there and had a shift starting in like 2 hours. You could tell because she said so. She was talking to the other employees when that guy got up and asked if she was Sharon. She's like "No, Sarah. Blind date?" He said "Match.com. She actually looks a lot like you." Sarah says "Oh, I can't wait to see her if I'm still here."
About 15 minutes later, Sarah left and Sharon showed up. She was really pretty, but she looked like Sarah to the amount of ZERO unless you count the fact that they were both ASIAN! Good one, guy. I have an idea, why don't you tell Sharon all about her "twin" because she'll find it funny that you can't tell Asian people apart.
So he did. And she didn't.
Whatever, I eavesdropped and kinda tuned out for a while because the date was going well, and it was boring first-date conversation that I don't want to hear with people I'm out with let alone perfect strangers. Then I caught her say "So what exactly is it you do?" and I'm thinking "Oh, he must have an interesting job if she doesn't have an idea of what it is from his profile."
So I listened. And I watched as her eyes glazed over at the words "Well, my real passions are soccer and acting, so those are what I'd like to do." I've never read an Asian girl so perfectly. Everything about her face said "Oh, really? I was hoping for someone with a career." See because he's not an actor. He wants to BECOME an actor. A soccer-playing actor. Like a less-hot Andrew Shue.
Then she told a story about her dog, and pretty much once you start talking about your pets, you don't care how your first date is going anymore so I left.
And ended up an hour early to brunch, which was way fun and a total success because after that and holidays I am fat again see?
More later.
you weigh *182* pounds?!
ReplyDeletefatass.
I love your scale, cause it totaly confused the hell out of me. And don't worry, everyone gains weight over the holidays. Except me. And Jesus. But he's dead so its ok. :-)
ReplyDelete