Eggregious

So last night I did some food experimentation in the form of this recipe for Tea Marbled Eggs I saw in the back of a mystery novel about tea. The book is called Death by Darjeeling by Laura Childs, and I haven't read it yet. Anyway basically you make hard boiled eggs, and when they're about done, you crack them lightly with a spoon and then let them simmer in water with way too much tea in it. After an hour and a bunch, they come out looking more or less like this but probably better because I messed up a couple of them:

Marbled Eggs

Pretty cool, huh? Anyway, chop them in half, sprinkle some paprika and chopped parsley, and you've got a neat little hors d'œuvre,

Mine didn't turn out so great because of the botched ones you can see where the ends turned totally brown and also because I don't think my eggs were still good. They had plenty of time left according to the package, but they didn't smell great. So I didn't eat them, basically it was a disposable art project. Sorry, starving children!

The rest of the night was spent watching the end of season 5 of Desperate Housewives, which was too predictable to be terribly entertaining. Oh and I watched half of Mary Reilly, that Julia Roberts film from 1996 where she is the chambermaid of Dr. Jekyll. It's just alright.

Tonight's project: salmon with agave glaze and citrus salsa verde and a side of herbed quinoa. Then I'll watch Roswell with Ryan and probably eat all the cookies in the house.

I was hoping if I just started typing about my life, I'd come up with something funny to say, but I didn't, so you suffered through this for nothing HA!

4 comments:

  1. come comment on my blog so I can make a publisher send you a book. kthanxbye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ate these almost daily for about three years. I moved to Taiwan to teach and quickly realized that I couldn't identify most of what I was eating (pork? beef? fido?). Every 7-11 had a crock-pot of eggs boiling in tea. I can't say I loved them but at the very least, it was identifiable protein. Did you like them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well mine didn't turn out right. But I definitely like the idea of them.

    ReplyDelete