Actually I do have something to say, and I will say it after this adorable cat video.
I'm not sure if I mentioned this, but my high school reunion is this weekend. Ten years since graduation. Everyone's all "It went by so fast!" but it didn't. I've lived in 3 states, done ALL of higher education that I will ever do, and eaten so many hamburgers that 10 years feels like a lowball estimate. Also my memories of high school are so hazy that it feels like a book I read more than 4 years of life.
I've always had a bad memory, but I do remember a couple of mean things I did. I'm not sorry. I was really creepy-stalkery to someone for a time, though, and I feel regret about that. It's one of those cringeworthy episodes that affect you physically when you remember them, and you try to will them to unhappen, but that's impossible so you sit there thinking "Holy crap, I am so embarrassed by that thing; I just know the other person thinks about what a freak/asshole/creep I was all the time!" But they totally don't and might not even remember the incident the same way. But that's not comforting because what if they do?
Anyway, I'm not telling you what happened, so I'm just going to give a blanket disclaimer to everyone in my graduating class:
Dear Stevenson High School Class of 2000: I AM NOT THE SAME PERSON I WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL! ANY BAD MEMORIES YOU HAVE OF ME NO LONGER APPLY... UNLESS YOU LIKED ME IN WHICH CASE I AM EXACTLY THE SAME! ALSO I AM STILL BREAKING OUT SO PLEASE DO NOT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT MY FACE BECAUSE I ALREADY KNOW!
Ok that's all. I'm also going to assume the same is true for all of my old classmates too and that it's just another night of showing up at a bar only everybody is wearing nametags and looks vaguely familiar and possibly I slept with a few of them years ago but can't really remember what it was like, but that's basically every singles event I've ever been to so I guess I am prepared.
No comments:
Post a Comment