Because my body can no longer handle anything more than a 3-day work week, I took last Friday off and was in Boston all weekend and yeah, I missed you too. Anyway Boston is great! It has grocery stores and the Superman movies and the Clue VCR Mystery Game starring Janet Wong as Miss Scarlet and me as the winner.
Some guy already reviewed the Clue VCR Mystery Game on the internet. Unfortunately, he is a dried-up old mushroom with no sense of fun.
That's not true, I'm kidding. Anyone who uses animated gif files in their game reviews has a fan in me. The difference between me and him is that I loved the movie. It had puns, bad acting, mystery, intrigue, no budget, and Janet Wong, my new favorite starlet. Mix in incomprehensible dialogue, ugly men in drag, horrible racism (CHOP....SUUUEEEEY.... YA GOT THAT?) and the occasional slapstick, and the result is a 60-minute cinematic adventure you will not soon forget.
(The game itself is too hard and takes a gabillion years and 10 viewings of every scene because nobody can remember who handled what weapon and what color the picture in the corner of the kitchen was during that 2-second shot 20 minutes ago. The cards don't help and everybody gets frustrated by the time it ends and starts accusing random people: "Miss Peach did it in the hotel room with the obnoxious, migrane-inducing southern twang." But we still played 3 times in a row and I'm the only person that won because I am a super sleuth.
Those are Miss Scarlets. Janet Wong is on the right, and as you can see, she is the best one of all. In the movie, Miss Scarlet is a Swiss spy who, according to a fabulous website I found, dreams of opening her own gas station one day. I, of course, only called her by her secret spy name, Dr. Tang.
Ok, the end. Next in this 3-part series about Boston, I'm going to talk about the Superman movies. As usual, it will be shallow and completely uninformative.
No comments:
Post a Comment