Before we get down to it, I need to say shame on you, Emma Watson, but the look on your face says "I dare you to say what I know you're thinking" so I'm gonna leave it at that.
Anyway, last night I was at the Highline Ballroom for a concert by the Pipettes, and it was pretty much the funnest time at a musical event I or anyone has ever had. For a long time now, they have been one of the two or three musical groups I listen to obsessively. They're music is all fun and dancy. They're like three backup singers who happen to not be backing anyone up and they do hand motions have the time of their life on stage.
Too bad I'm an idiot and forgot my camera, so all I have are these from roddyrick's Flickr account that I found through Last.fm. RiotBecki is in the glasses, and I like her because she looks like a librarian. Rosay is the brunette, and I like her because she talks a lot and has a nice jaw. Gwenno is the skinny one, and I like her because she's really good at the hand motions.
I danced a lot, even to the new songs, and so if you don't know who the Pipettes are, go find out because they'll make you really happy.
Oh, and this duo of girls called Smoosh opened for them, and they're amazing because they're like 12 or 13. It took them a while to get into it, but they were cute. They had sound problems at the beginning, and I felt real bad for them, so I clapped extra loud and the drummer girl had all this long gorgeous hair and was totally rocking out and flinging it all over the place, it was fantastic. She was pretty tight, too.
So Smoosh and the Pipettes and the spicy basil noodles with imitation duck I had for dinner made yesterday the best night ever. I wish I could wear polka dots.
**UPDATE** MusicSnobbery wrote up the concert too and indicates that the crowd kinda sucked. He's kinda right, but I was in my own world and dancing away, so I didn't really care. I think I saw this guy taking pictures, a lot of them are from the same viewing angle I had, and there weren't many people with decent cameras. Anyway, there's more shots there in his article, including one of that crazy awesome little drummer girl's hair.
No comments:
Post a Comment