This is a Russian cartoon by Yuri Norstein called Hedgehog in the Fog. It's quite beautiful and a bit unsettling, and I think you should take 10 minutes to watch it and listen to the clarineterrific score that accompanies.
Something from the comments:
martijnkerk
Reply | Spam
I see myself in the hedhoge in the end with his friend bear is stil simple and doesn't think about all those bigger thinks.
Oh please. He's from the Netherlands, so this isn't a comment on his crap English, but 90% of people who claim they're more insightful and thoughtful than everyone around them are completely deluded. You should get to know your friends better, martijnkerk.
Also, the part where the hedgehog lost his satchel reminded me of last night when I LOST MY iPOD AND BRAND NEW EXPENSIVE EARPHONES so you can all deposit your sympathy in the comments.
Oh my, that was gorgeous. Thank you for sharing that; I probably would have never seen it otherwise. And the score was fabulous. I really wish there were more cartoons like this in the world (and there probably are, they just aren't in the United States as far as I am aware).
ReplyDeleteOh no! You lost your iPod and headphones?! That is awful! Those things are so expensive (especially those really good headphones...) :( Do you have any idea where it could be? I misplaced my passport for a couple of months and wouldn't have been able to go to Costa Rica in February... but then I found it in the wrong folder.
I hope you find it.
Oh I should have mentioned. I definitely lost it in a cab, realized it immediately, and watched it drive down the road. At least I have the consoling satisfaction of knowing that someone had an awesome night finding a free iPod and top of the line earphones and is jamming to some new music her or she may not have known.
ReplyDeleteThat's awful. I would be so angry. :( Are you going to get a new one or just go without?
ReplyDeleteI love to watch show's that are different then anything I usually watch..
ReplyDeleteHavoc -- Belated response. I'm gonna go without for a while. There are other expensive things I want to buy first.
ReplyDeleteTerrible Lie -- Then I highly recommend typing random word combinations into YouTube. It's a fun and informative way to spend 7 consecutive hours after work.
why didn't you call the cab company? they could have radio'd the driver.
ReplyDeleteI did that once with a pair of opera glasses.
Tragic.