Oh my God, I have so much to write about today. It would seem that New York, I have mixed feelings to report, is to become the first city to ban trans fats from restaurants, a decision I find both upsetting and retarded.
First of all, government, if I want to eat crap food that will kill me by the time I'm 35, let me choose to do that. While I was in grad school I had fast food approximately 10 times a week knowing how bad it was but loving it anyway. My life is 8 years shorter now, but at least I won't spend those 8 years eating green beans, hummus, and tofu.
Secondly, I'm not sure if you've done any surveys on the topic, but we Americans have this bizarre affinity for flavor, and trans fat is a key ingredients in the recipe for flavor. McDonald's doesn't stay open because it cooks its fries in sunflower oil. The Dunkin' Donuts franchise has capitalized exclusively on fatty pastries (and kinda on coffee). We choose these places trans fat notwithstanding, and we're not stupid. It's like drugs, I know what I'm getting into! Nobody needs your mollycoddling! You're ruining gluttony for all of us, Government, just like you've already ruined lust and avarice.
America is a notoriously obese country. It's the one thing we can say we're really good at. I just don't understand who'd want to give that up.
Firstly, Tiburon, California, was the first trans fat free city.
ReplyDeleteSecondly, KFC, Taco Bell, and Wendy's have or are finalizing their trans fat free recipes. It just requires switching to a different oil. Big deal.
I like to whine. It's a principle thing. And what about my Papaya?
ReplyDeleteYour papaya?
ReplyDeleteYou are reading news ain't you? what's going on??
ReplyDelete:p