Ok I'm back. Y'know how it sucks to get shitty news through the grapevine or by overhearing people talking when they don't know you're there like maybe you're sitting in a toilet stall and two other guys walk in talking about how much fun it was tag-teaming your wife? Only this time it was me at my desk eavesdropping as this guy from another library in my system was telling someone else that a girl he works with is taking a certain job. Yeah and what neither of them knew was that this is a job that I INTERVIEWED FOR and that I WANTED REALLY BAD so it was this horrible shitty moment and WHAT THE HELL, I even told the job to call me and let me know whether I got it or not and they never did I guess. I think I'm entitled to that. It's not like I'm applying to work at fucking Pottery Barn, this is a professional organization and they should stick to their word.
Whatever. So I'm not moving to Chicago. I didn't really want to leave New York anyway.
Anyway, in honor of Shitty News Day I'm getting ice cream on the way home and then ordering one of those big honkin' avocado and onion burgers from Jackson Hole. I eat my feelings.
Man, sometimes I wish I were a 16-year-old girl, I'd be such a cliche.
*groan* ahhh, man!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to hear that, dear. I was really pulling for you :( That's the epitome of shitty and you can eat your feelings as much as you want to. You're entitled to that much.
ReplyDeleteWDL -- Right? We'd have had such fun! Do me a favor and pass on the news to that knee-weakening bartender. I know how he's been so looking forward to falling in love with me.
ReplyDeleteKotE -- Thank you, and I did. On top of the ice cream and giant hamburger, I also got a box of those Entenmann's Pop'ems, most of which are gone now. Hm.
It seems that not contacting you if you don't get the job is a new trend that's sweeping the nation. It's happened to me several times and it sucks. Sorry, guy.
ReplyDeleteOh, well if it's trendy, then who am I to complain. :-)
ReplyDeleteI'm a dedicated viewer from SC and it sucks to hear news from someone who you shouldn't have heard it from! Those are the worst eva!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with future endeavors.
Thanks, Jana! And welcome. We are brother and sister in hot pink on black.
ReplyDelete