I had serious hangover starvation this morning, I thought I was gonna pass out on the subway, which decided it needed to stop for half an hour because someone got sick at 68th St.
I'm sorry but if you're not feeling great and it's 80 degrees outside, be smart enough to keep yourself hydrated. And if you're the MTA, if someone gets sick on the train, push 'em out and move on. If they barfed, well... fine, but that doesn't take half an hour. Whatever, I'm over it. Maybe it was a heart attack or something. I can see how that would be a time sucker and hard to predict.
Anyway, I went out with Kevin last night, and we had happy hour at Gym Bar where we ran into this tiny little friend of his who was Italian and really tan and had a hat with his name on it and one of those narrow thin beards that just traces the jawline. Is there a name for those? Anyway, his name is Anthill or something and he's the type of guy who knows DJ's and goes to parties and stuff. That type usually doesn't mix with the type who can be perfectly happy spending an entire weekend with his Buffy the Vampire Slayer DVDs, but for some reason I totally fell in love with this kid, and I realized it's because he's got this friendly inclusiveness that makes me feel really good about myself.
Too bad Kevin LEFT ME and then when I finished my drink I felt too uncool to go say goodbye to Anthill so I snuck out. Social outcast alert!
I also ran into this guy I met two years ago and never talk to, but who is very thin. We said "Call me, we should hang out!" which is the same conversation we had a year ago around this time.
Oh, and I met a kid from Afghanistan who looks like he's from Iowa. He was also very small and thin. I wanted to ask how to say "I'm a big fat cow" in Farsi, but having also spent a large portion of his childhood in India, I was afraid he would think I was being arrogant.
I don't get mad. I get even.
ReplyDeleteHis name is Antman, and he's the village bicycle, and Manhattan is a pretty large village.
ReplyDeleteEu li seu artigo sobre Laura Mallory (something like "I've read your article about Laura Mallory"... Sorry, I don't speak - and write - english very well, I'm from Brasil, with an "s", not "z").
ReplyDeleteYour blog is very interesting, and if you can read in portuguese, please visit mine. If you don't, sorry again. Are you journalist? 'Cause I'm on the way to become one, and you have "that thing"...
Well, thank you already.
Like your blog.
ReplyDeleteCheckout mine, too!
http://danndulin.blogspot.com/
Dudu -- I don't read Portuguese, but I saw that one of your entries has a picture of Harry Potter, so I'm sure your blog is awesome.
ReplyDeleteDann -- You have no pictures of Harry Potter. BLOG NOT AWESOME!
In the future if you would like to take advantage of my FREE AD SPACE at least provide some evidence you've read my blog (i.e. "Eu li seu artigo Laura Mallory.")
oh my G-d. Getting attention just isn't enough for you!
ReplyDeleteProving my nickname... Scott, darlin', they speak Farsi in Iran, not in Afghanistan! Also, you do not look like a cow... although if you get too worried about it, you will start to sound like me.
ReplyDelete